Frequently Asked Questions
We know you will have a lot of questions when deciding if a virtual assistant is right for you and we want to put your mind at ease.
The following is a list of frequently asked questions that we hope will provide the answers you are looking for.
As always, if you can’t find what you are looking for, feel free to contact us.
A Virtual Assistant (VA) is a highly-skilled, independent professional who provides administrative, technical and/or personal support services to you whilst working remotely, usually from a home-based office. When engaging the services of a virtual assistant there is no need to share office space, equipment, software or even be in the same city, state or country.
As an independent contractor, a virtual assistant is similar to a traditional employee, except you have less “hands-on” control over where, when and how they do the work you give them. You give the virtual assistant a job or project to do, and they decide how and when it will get done.
Brisbane Virtual Assistant Services schedule each day to best serve all of our clients and their incoming tasks with priority and without delay. If you have a particularly urgent task or project, we encourage you to let us know your deadline when submitting your request.
There are a number of advantages of engaging the services of a virtual assistant:
- Cost savings – by partnering with Brisbane Virtual Assistant Services, you are not responsible for superannuation, sick and holiday leave loading, additional training, equipment or office space
- Flexibility – you are supported on an “as needed” basis. You only pay for the time a virtual assistant spends assisting you; whether it’s a few hours a day, 20 hours a month, or full-time
- Technology – a virtual assistant is fully equipped, and technologically up to date and can assist you to operate your business or organise your life more efficiently with the tools and resources available
- Productivity – as a virtual assistant works in a home-based office, precious time is not wasted on staff meetings, disturbances by coworkers, office politics or mandatory meal breaks
- True Partnership – a virtual assistant has a vested interest in helping you or your business flourish, as a virtual assistant depends on satisfying their client’s needs to gain repeat business
- Frees your time so you can succeed – a virtual assistant will free up your time to do what you do best – leave the paperwork to your virtual assistant. The time you save on these tasks allows you to focus your time on the tasks that will make the greatest difference.
There are also numerous reasons why you might engage the services of a virtual assistant:
- you are a busy person and just don’t have the time to complete all the tasks on your to-do list
- you have limited or no space, time, facilities or equipment to fulfil the ever growing needs of your business
- you need an extra hand during busy periods
- you do not need a full-time employee, but your workload is too much for your current staffing levels
- you only require a limited number of hours of support each day, week or month
- you want to reduce your office administration costs.
We specialise in providing administrative assistance, newsletters & email marketing, website maintenance and support.
We offer help with creating and formatting documents, email and calendar management, data entry, social media management, and all the tasks in between. See our list of services or contact us for more details.
Before work commences, we will provide you with a Specification of Work outlining the agreed services to be performed, estimated costs and payment requirements. We will also provide you a copy of our standard Service Agreement. After a deposit or full payment has occurred, work will commence as arranged.
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express payments from customers worldwide.
We also accept payment via direct bank deposit.
We charge by the hour for our ‘pay as you go’ clients, but most of our clients select our prepaid plans, which offer best value.
We send weekly invoices for ‘pay as you go’ clients which are due 7 days from invoice date. Our prepaid plans are invoiced and payable at the time of purchase.
Items not included in our pricing plans:
- Mailouts – printing, envelopes, address labels, paper, postage
- Professional printing
- Courier charges to your customers
- Deposits that may be required when booking events, venues or travel etc
- Costs associated with domain names or web hosting
- Other purchases necessary for your specific tasks or project.
Any additional costs in relation to your specific tasks or project will be discussed with you and charged by invoice, or alternatively we can arrange for you to pay the supplier directly. These items will not be accrued without your prior knowledge.
We use a variety of methods to communicate with our clients including web conferencing, Skype, phone, email and social media. Of course, you may recommend new technologies that you use in your business and we are more than happy to use these also.
Tasks can be assigned directly by email. We try to ensure that we get all tasks in writing in order to reduce any margin of error or miscommunication. File sharing is easy and managing projects is a breeze using Google Drive. Of course, you may recommend new technologies that you use in your business and we are more than happy to use these also.
Absolutely! Delegating your inbox to your virtual assistant to read, send, and delete messages on your behalf is a great way to stay on top of emails and keep your inbox tidy. We can set up a copy of your email account on our desktop, or if you’re already using a cloud-based program we can easily set-up access.
The easiest way to do this is through Google Calendar, a time-management web application that can be shared with virtually anyone. You’re required to have a Google account in order to use the app, which takes minutes to create.
After creating a calendar, click on the arrow to the right of the calendar and select “Share this Calendar.” Then, add your recipient’s email addresses to the “Share with Specific People” box on the pop-up. You have the ability to decide how much control each individual person can have over the calendar and its events, ranging from the ability to make absolute changes to only being able to see the location, date and notes.
When you need to schedule something with someone, simply send an email to that person and copy to your virtual assistant. Add a line at the end of the email that says, “I’m copying my assistant, who will help coordinate this meeting.” Now your virtual assistant can take over the back and forth of scheduling the meeting, adding it to your calendar, and sending invites.
Our usual process may vary depending on your requirements, but essentially these are the steps involved:
- Initial client contact via email/phone
- We will discuss your requirements, the amount of time it may take to complete your tasks or project, expected completion dates or monthly schedules
- After discussions, you will be provided with a Specification of Work outlining the agreed services to be performed, estimated costs and payment requirements. We will also provide you a copy of our standard Service Agreement.
- After a deposit or full payment has occurred, work will commence as arranged. We will closely monitor the work and, if it is identified that it may go over the expected timeframe, advise of any changes to our initial estimation
- If necessary, any documentation created will be reviewed and signed-off by the client prior to printing and distribution
- Please note, unless a client has requested a specific completion date, work will be completed with priority and without delay.
Not seeing your question answered? Feel free to contact us and we’ll have an answer back to you in no time.